About Somali Basic
Somali Basic (Package Name: com.robtheis.android.phrasebook.sm.bc) is developed by Qvyshift LLC and the latest version of Somali Basic Phrases 1.19.0 was updated on January 9, 2023. Somali Basic Phrases is in the category of Communication. You can check all apps from the developer of Somali Basic Phrases and find 198 alternative apps to Somali Basic Phrases on Android. Currently this app is for free. This app can be downloaded on Android 4.4+ on APKFab or Google Play. All APK/XAPK files on APKFab.com are original and 100% safe with fast download.
Military-related Somali phrases for language learners. With Somali text and audio.
Using this app, you can select an English phrase and view its translation and how to pronounce it in Somali.
This app was originally developed as an entry to the 2010 CIO/G6 "Apps for the Army" competition, and it is based on the modules publicly available online from the U.S. Defense Language Institute. While this app's subject matter relates mainly to military topics, the app is broadly useful with content relating to a range of topics.
• Contains over 600 phrases with native speaker audio recordings
• Dictionary lookup: Type or say what you want to search
• Pronunciation help: See the transliterated/Romanized text
• Good for language learning, or as a reference
This app is part of a series of phrasebook apps published for many different languages and dialects. Phrasebooks in the series are available as "basic" and "medical" variants.
• Text may be exported as Anki flash cards
• Works offline: No network connection is required
• Search bar for quick vocabulary lookup
• No login or registration needed
• Dark background color minimizes eye strain
Many of the languages covered by this series of phrasebook apps are under-resourced, with translation apps and dictionaries not widely available from other sources.
Commands, Warnings and Instructions
Helpful Words, Phrases and Questions
Greetings and Introductions
Days of the Week/Time
Descriptions (Colors, Shapes, Sizes, Tastes, Qualities, Quantities)
Food and Sanitation
Fuel and Maintenance
Medical Terms/Parts of the Body
Customs (Port of Entry)
General Military Terms
Mine Warfare Terms
How to use
1. Choose a subject category from the menu. That category will be expanded.
2. From the expanded list of phrases shown, tap on the phrase you want.
3. On the phrase detail page, the Somali phrase is shown alongside its pronunciation and the equivalent English phrase. Press the Play button to hear the audio pronunciation by a native speaker.
• U.S. military service members
• Doctors, nurses, and medical professionals
• Aid workers
Languages and dialects available in this series
Albanian, Algerian, Amharic, Azeri, Baluchi, Bengali, Bosnian, Burmese, Cantonese, Cebuano, Chavacano, Croatian, Czech, Dari, Egyptian, Emirati, French, Gan (Jiangxinese), Georgian, Gujarati, Haitian, Hassaniya, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Igbo, Ilocano, Indonesian (Bahasa), Iraqi, Japanese, Javanese, Jordanian, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean (North), Kosovar (Albanian), Kurmanji, Kyrgyz, Lebanese, Libyan, Lingala, Malay, Mandarin, Mongolian, Moroccan, Nepali, Palestinian, Pashto (Afghanistan), Pashto (Pakistan), Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Europe), Punjabi, Quechua, Russian, Saudi, Serbian, Sindhi, Somali, Sorani, Spanish (Colombia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Venezuela), Sudanese, Swahili, Syrian, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamashek, Tamil, Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Tunisian, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Shanghainese, Yakan, Yemeni, Yoruba
Making flash cards: Launch app and choose "Flash cards" from the menu in the top corner, and follow the prompts.