By default, the user name and password are both 'ftp', you should change them. You use this user name and password when accessing the server.
For power and security reasons, it is recommended that the server be stopped after use.
* Complete and efficient FTP Server
* Can read/write internal memory and also external storage (see advanced settings)
* Implements advanced FTP features like UTF8, MDTM and MFMT
* Implements Bonjour/DNS-SD for easy service discovery
* Can automatically connect on selected wifi networks (work/home/...)
* Can be started/stopped by Tasker or Locale, is thus also a Tasker/Locale plug-in
* Anonymous login possible (with restricted rights for security)
* Configuration of chroot directory possible (default sdcard)
* Configuration of port possible (default 2121)
* Possible to keep running while screen off
* Runs on local network, even when tethering (phone is the access point)
* Has public intents to support scripting:
* Follows Material interface guidelines, looks good on phone/tablet/tv/...
* Uses notification to remind user that the server is running
* Easy starting/stopping server from settings
* Has widget to ease starting/stopping server
The server is completely implemented in the app itself, it does not use an external library. It provides the best possible performance on android to run. Some advanced features like UTF8, MDTM and MFMT are implemented. Though the underlying file system must support them.
The Bonjour/DNS-SD support is very handy if the client os and it's file manager also supports the protocols. In this way, the moment you start the ftp server on the android device, you will find it on the network folder of your desktop.
A lot of users asked if it was possible to automatically start the server when the android device was running. We found that it was more useful to automatically start the server when we are connected to certain wifi networks. This has the same effect and is very handy, for instance when you arrive home, start your ftp server. We then went even further and we added support for Tasker or Locale. The people who like to script some use case for there device can thus easily do that.
Logical settings are available, like you can for instance set anonymous login and configure chroot and port. A minor group of users have some special use cases. For instance running the server while tethering or running the server from the ethernet cable. All those are possible and we are open for more improvements.
The design follows the official guidelines. You can be sure that the interface and the logo's look good on your device. We also make it easy to control the server, using notifications or widgets where needed.
FTP Server is open source software released under the GPL v3.
Current maintainer: Pieter Pareit.
Initial development: Dave Revell.
APKFab.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. All download links of apps listed on APKFab.com are from Google Play Store or submitted by users. For the app from Google Play Store, APKFab.com won't modify it in any way. For the app submitted by users, APKFab.com will verify its APK signature safety before release it on our website.