The award-winning SPOT Connect device provides connectivity to the Globalstar satellite network for sending location-based messages from areas beyond cellular phone coverage or around town. By simply downloading the SPOT Connect App, SPOT Connect wirelessly synchs via Bluetooth® with Android devices. The SPOT satellite message features are initiated directly from the app’s intuitive user interface.
SPOT Connect utilizes proven SPOT technology to notify others of one’s GPS location coordinates and current status. By sending a message to the Globalstar satellite network, the user’s selected contacts will receive a custom Type and Send or Predefined message delivered as an SMS text message or email. SPOT Connect messages contain the user’s latitude and longitude, date, time stamp and a link to maps. Established SPOT message features include Check-in/OK, Help, SPOT Assist, SOS and automated Track Progress.
SPOT Connect messaging feature overview:
• SOS - Emergency assistance request sent with your GPS location to GEOS every 5 min until batteries die or until cancelled. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe. Custom Type & Send messages can be sent with SOS for detailed emergency information.
• Help/SPOT Assist* - Request help from friends and family or professional service providers every 5 min for 1 hour. Custom Type & Send messages can be sent with a Help/Assist message for more detailed personal help.
* SPOT Assist subject to availability.
• Check-in/OK - Send a Predefined Message or custom Type & Send message allowing your friends and family to get a message from you with your GPS location virtually anywhere on the globe. With a push of a button a message is sent via email or SMS to a contact group. You can also send your Check-in/OK messages to social sites like Facebook or Twitter.
• Track Progress - This feature allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using maps. With your SPOT account you have the ability to set up a SPOT Shared Page which allows you to show your SPOT GPS locations to others on a map. (Additional service required).
The SPOT Connect App extends the functionality of Android devices while making available new features for customers. Custom messages can now be composed and sent on-the-go. Users can store up to 14 Predefined messages and 10 personal contract groups consisting of up to 50 contacts each. Additionally, the SPOT Connect App turns your devices into a satellite messenger utilizing SPOT Connect’s onboard GPS and satellite transmitter. Users can even send location-based messages to Facebook and Twitter from isolated regions such as mountainous terrain and areas off-shore.
• Uses the GPS satellite system to determine location and the Globalstar satellite network to transmit that information to personal contacts or an international emergency response center
• Send location-based messages via satellite to others delivered as SMS text or email
• Send custom “Type and Send” 45 character text messages from your location
• Update social networks including Facebook and Twitter from remote locations
• Provide GPS functionality to non-GPS devices
• Store up to 10 predefined messages for quick reference and sending
• Store 10 contact groups on device – each group can consist of up to 50 contacts
• On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
• Bluetooth wireless connection
Please verify that your device does not have the Developer Option "Don't Keep Activities" enabled. If this is enabled, it will prevent the app from functioning correctly.
APKFab.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. All download links of apps listed on APKFab.com are from Google Play Store or submitted by users. For the app from Google Play Store, APKFab.com won't modify it in any way. For the app submitted by users, APKFab.com will verify its APK signature safety before release it on our website.