Two stages to try - 12 games, then one payment to release the rest of the app. This unlocks to be the same as the EDU version.
* A total of 180 games with the familiar Parrotfish reward structure that will keep children coming back to achieve the 3 stars for each game.
* Explanatory screens for each of the games and fun teaching animations for each concept
* Students move at their own pace and parents/teachers can monitor their progress.
* Each concept is taught in sequence beginning with only the numbers 0 to 5
* All the concepts, including addition and subtraction, are taught using only these numbers, before they move on to the next set of numbers.
* The same concepts are taught with an increasing level of difficulty as they progress through the stages.
* The games cover counting, counting on, recognising subitised groups, ordering groups and numbers, read and act on number lines, use fingers, use shapes, write and recognise the numerals and perform addition and subtraction problems.
Counting to at least 30 (once there they really get it so can go on to 100 but most schools don't expect it)
Counting on from any number to 30
Counting backwards from any number from 30
Addition of 2 or more numbers to 10
Subtraction of 2 numbers less than 10
Instantly recognise the quantity in a group of objects (subitising) up to 10
Recognise the quantity represented on a number line
Use fingers as an addition / subtraction aid
Match different representations of the same number - eg 2+3 is the same as an image showing 5 fingers
Order groups of objects and numbers
Find the missing numbers in a pattern
Use cases to represent numbers as groups of 5 and 10
We don't rush them through the early stages of the games. It is important that the concepts introduced in these early stages are fully grasped. Progress after the first set of games should be steady and rewarding.
Celebrate the achievement of stars with your child. Some people have matched monetary rewards to stars and found it highly motivating - see what works for your child.
We encourage persistence! It has been found that persistence is a positive attribute in any learning situation. A child with a high level of persistence will be more likely to succeed.
Our games introduce concepts fully and give lots of support as the difficulty increases. If it is simply too hard then they may need to spend time on pre-reading and pre-maths games that include matching, tracing, sorting and manipulation of objects.
1. CLARENCE CLAMS TREASURE
Help Clarence Clam collect pirate treasure. Drag the diamonds around as you count them then tap on the card that matches the number of diamonds.
2. TRACING / WRITING NUMERALS
You are learning to write numbers. Begin at the 1 and follow the arrow to the next dot. The first go will look perfect but the next one will show where you really drew.
3. PENGUIN IS LOST
Polly Penguin is lost. Look at the card she is holding up, remember what it is then find the igloo that has a sign that has the same value and tap on it.
4. CLOWN FISH GROWS A GARDEN
Cooper Clown Fish is looking after his seaweed garden. When he finds an empty you need to work out what is missing and tap the correct card.
5. CLARA CRAB
Miss Clara Crab is teaching you to count and match numbers, shapes and number sentences. Drag the cards with the same value on top of each other.
6. TITUS TURTLE SAVES THE DAY
When Titus Turtles train comes to a collapsed bridge the sign will show how many blocks are needed for the repair. Drag the blocks on to the case above the bridge then tap on Titus's head.
APKFab.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. All download links of apps listed on APKFab.com are from Google Play Store or submitted by users. For the app from Google Play Store, APKFab.com won't modify it in any way. For the app submitted by users, APKFab.com will verify its APK signature safety before release it on our website.