Dominican Republic Maps (Package Name: com.atlogis.hispaniola.free) is developed by ATLOGIS Geoinformatics GmbH & Co. KG and the latest version of Hispaniola Topo Maps Free 5.1.0 free was updated on August 1, 2018. Hispaniola Topo Maps Free is in the category of Maps & Navigation. You can check all apps from the developer of Hispaniola Topo Maps Free. Currently this app is for free. This app can be downloaded on Android 4.0+ on APKFab or Google Play. All APK/XAPK files on APKFab.com are original and 100% safe with fast download. Topographic maps and aerial imagery for Dominican Republic and Haiti
Easy to use outdoor and offline navigation app with 1:50.000 seamless topographic maps of Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Available map layers:
• Topographic maps 1:50.000 and 1:250.000 with seamless coverage for complete Hispaniola Island (Dominican Republic and Haiti).
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google or Bing maps
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Free bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (NOT in this free version !)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes(NOT in this free version !)
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation) (NOT in this free version !)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX/KML/KMZ - Import/Export (NOT in this free version !)
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• See your location with UTM coordinates
• Tablet optimized layouts
• and many more ...
LIMITATIONS OF THIS FREE VERSION:
• No Bulkdownload of maps for offline usage
• No Hillshading overlay
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No Routes
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
On the 1:50.000 maps you'll find many small roads, pathes and 4WD tracks that are not included in Google, Bing or OpenStreetMaps. The topo maps have a very detailed topography with contour lines. There is no other online mapping service/app available that gives you more detailed geographic features like rivers, lakes, hills, vegetation, villages, etc. for this region.
The topo maps layer is a seamless mosaic of more than 200 georeferenced maps. Although some of the maps are quite old (production range of the maps is 1966 - 2002) they are still very good for outdoor trips, especially if you are looking adventurous routes or abandoned places. Most maps of the Dominican Republic were created in the late 80ies. Within the app you can open an overview map with the publishing dates of the maps.
In larger cities you'll find it more usefull to switch to Google or OSM maps but in the backcountry you will recognize the relevance of large scale topographic maps.
The 1:250.000 maps are JOGs (Joint Operations Graphic) which represent a medium scale map intended as both a topographic and an aeronautical chart.
The topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis® hillshading and placenames.
Original publisher of the 1:50.000 topo maps : United States NGA (National Geospatial-Intelligence), NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency), DMA (Defense Mapping Agency)
Original publisher of the 1:250.000 topo maps: US NGA/NIMA JOG (Joint Operations Graphics)
Please send comments and feature requests to [email protected]